Support this podcast by donating or side-staking GRC to
The Gridcoin Fireside is a participatory podcast brought to you by DCUni and the Gridcoin community. It is intended to introduce and explore DLT, cryptocurrency, and crypto-economics from a science oriented perspective.
The audience is welcome to participate through voice-comms or via the discord text chat.
Join us every Thursday at 8:00pm EST on the Gridcoin discord server.
Recorded on October 17th
In this episode we answer the questions:
- What would happen if everyone could choose from a market of societal incentive structures and economic systems?
- What would happen if economic systems were built and managed via an open-source organizational model?
- What would happen if the value of economic variables were rules-based?
- What would happen if the transition out of a failing or unpopular economic system was not only possible, but seamless?
- What would happen if anyone could start their own economic system at any time with a few lines of code?
Gridcoin Marketing and Engagement Initiative
|13:00||Project brief: GPUGrid|
|35:40||Incentives and Economics|
|43:45||Innovation in a Market of Economic Systems|
|56:45||Marketing in a Market of Economics|
This week delta1512 introduced us to the project GPU Grid
GPUGRID is a project that runs molecular dynamics (MD) simulations for scientists in the fields of cancer, HIV/AIDS, neurological disorders and general scientific and lab simulations.
What is Gridcoin?
Gridcoin is a multi-incentive permissionless blockchain initiated in 2013. It mints and distributes cryptocurrency in relation to the processing power a network participant directs toward data-driven analysis and scientific discovery, as well as through a proof-of-stake reward mechanism. The Gridcoin blockchain monitors processing contributions to the Berkeley Open Infrastructure for Networked Computing (BOINC). BOINC hosts major institutional computing projects such as IBM’s World Community Grid, SETI, and CERN, alongside projects developed by students, enthusiasts, mathematicians, researchers, and citizen scientists. Access to Gridcoin's computation resources is free, while computation contributors are incentivized with cryptocurrency minted by the Gridcoin protocol.
Want to Learn More?
-- Github --